The main focus of the role will be an Accounts Payable remit – processing purchase invoices, completing supplier statement reconciliations, resolving disputed invoices with suppliers and raising BACS payments. There will also be an element of Accounts Receivable work – credit checking customers and – as part of a small team – providing cover for other team members responsible for credit card collections, cash allocation, etc.
Reports to: Management Accountant
1. Download the bank statement and update the cash book on a daily basis and allocate cash against outstanding invoices.
2. Match purchase invoices against PO’s and accurately post them onto the ledger.
3. Carry out regular supplier statement reconciliations and identify and obtain missing invoices to clear order book.
4. Assist in resolving supplier invoice and statement queries
5. General office administration e.g. opening post, filing, etc.
6. Ad-hoc responsibilities when required, including cover for other team members in their absence.
1. Timely completion of work and tasks.
2. Demonstration of effective management of workload.
3. Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
4. Personal performance and appraisal record.
5. Demonstrate awareness of personal limitations and know when to ask for help where required.
6. Good written and verbal communication.
7. Ideas and suggestions submitted.
KEY COMPETENCIES, EDUCATION, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Conduct / appearance
Essential: Tidy and business-like
Essential: Excellent communication skills, flexible work attitude, ability to multi-task, attention to detail, effective time management, strong organisational skills, good commercial awareness, ability to work as part of a team, efficient and resilient.
Preferred: Aspiration to pursue career in finance
Preferred: Prior accounts payable experience
Essential: Strong Microsoft Office Skills (Excel, Outlook and Word)
Preferred: Some prior formal accountancy training
Essential: Flexible to business requirements
4imprint Direct Ltd, which serves customers in the UK and Ireland as part of the direct marketing division of 4imprint Group Plc is looking to recruit an Accounts Administrator.
The position will be full time, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week between 9am – 5.30pm.
Pro-rated salary of £ 17,500 p.a. plus quarterly “gain share” (profit share scheme)
The Ideal role for someone who has relatively limited finance/accounts experience but aspires to gain exposure into many different areas of finance while potentially pursuing an accountancy qualification such as the AAT. The role is within a small finance team within a growing part of a LSE listed Plc.